Tues, May 11th @ 12:00 PM
11:45 a.m. Online Sign-in Begins
12:00 p.m. Meeting Called to Order
12:05 p.m. to 12:10 p.m. Chapter Business
12:10 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Technical Presentation
FREE ONLINE MEETING
Refer to Chapter Email for Online Meeting Hyperlink, Optional Dial-In Phone Number, and Access Code
If you'd like to help us bring you informative meetings, consider a small donation below
Program: Modern Kitchen Ventilation Engineering & Design
The purpose of this presentation is to discuss best kitchen ventilation system design practices. We will talk about historical design practices, and where we see the market heading for kitchen design.
1. General overview of kitchen ventilation systems and its components.
2. Common issues post install of kitchen hoods, make-up air, grease duct and exhaust fans.
3. Hood and Exhaust Design – Design ideals for efficient removal of smoke and heat with hoods, duct and exhaust fans.
4. Make-up Air Designs – Evaluating the historical and current best design practices for replacement air, including DOAS (FARS) technology.
5. Latest Code Updates – Discussing the 2018 and newer updates to IMC, NFPA 96, and IECC as they relate to kitchen ventilation design.
Patrick Heikkila is the regional manager of CaptiveAire Mechanical in Western South Carolina. Patrick’s lives and works in Greer, SC. Prior to CaptiveAire, Patrick was a mechanical engineer specializing in HVAC system design in Binghamton, NY. His experience with CaptiveAire has been focused on modern kitchen ventilation and DOAS (Dedicated Outdoor Air System) design. Patrick works with engineers on design, and contractors and owners on the construction side. He is an EIT and is making plans to take his PE in South Carolina.
Each program qualifies for 1.0 PDH